Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Weekend

Today is my holiday (30/04/2011). Alhamdulillah, I can bit relax this weekend as my last week-end was ended in Singapore for some purposes. Having weekend with the book in my hand is really best moment that I wish it when I was in crowd work.

The book that I read is “Essays-Perspectives- Opinions. M. Fethullah Gulen. I bought it yesterday when I was walking around in the book fair 2011 in PWTC. Obviously, cannot wait to read it after having heard about him from many references.

Previously, I heard about this book when I attend a Seminar in IAIS in 2010 which has been organized by the Turkish people in Malaysia collaborated with IAIS. I saw his books on the booth of the conference. The first sight when I saw his book was that M. Fethullah Gulen was really odd to my mind and never heard his name before.

The second impression, I heard his name from Prof. Dr. Wan Mohd Nor wan Daud, when my lecturer invited us (me, Ali muchtar and Fejri Gasman) to come to prof. Wan’s house two months ago. At that time, Prof. Wan was just arrived from turkey for presenting paper. He explained many things regarding the current issues worldwide by then, turned into story of Islam in turkey as well as the influence of M. Fethullah Gulen in turkey and other countries.

Knowing how the impact of his thought as well as the contribution to the turkeys’ people, it awakes Prof wan to write a book regarding of him. However, the book is still in the progress of writing. My Allah gives you a best way to write it up.

Now, I still have one book on my hand that written by Gulen. After having reading his book and read up his contribution and achievement, it brings me to have all his books and read them and hopefully I can summarize it.

Tomorrow is the last day for book fair in this year and still have time to consider my desire either to buy more books or not. Hu hu…

Let me quote some words when he was elected as the world’s top public intellectual.

"I have never imagined being or wished to be chosen as something important in the world. I have always tried to be a humble servant and a humble member of humanity. Readers were extremely in naming me one of the world’s top public intellectuals, a degree which I can never see myself as entitled to”.

0 comments:

Post a Comment